Confined space training Perth state requires is not only necessary but vital to an employee’s life.
Such spaces are not usually designed for people to work in, which makes going down or entering narrow and tight spaces dangerous. A lot of things can happen between the entry point to the exit point, thus the need for proper training.
What is a confined space?
This is used to define enclosed or partially enclosed space that:
- Poses a risk to health and safety because of a lack of a safe oxygen level and because of the presence of contaminants like dust, vapour, and airborne gases.
- Has a concentration of airborne contaminants at a higher level.
- Has a risk of engulfment.
- Is not design or intended for a person to occupy.
- Is at a normal atmospheric pressure while a person is working in the space.
Confined spaces do not necessarily mean a small space but rather the hazards associated with a situation while a person is in that small confinement.
Some examples of confined spaces are:
- Pressure vessels
- Underground sewers
- Wet or dry wells
Other enclosed or partially enclosed structures that satisfy the WHS Regulations model of a confined space also fall in the same category as the list above.
Given the dangers within, it is highly recommended to undergo Perth confined space training if you know you’ll be entering such areas.
Confined space training Perth: Why do you need it?
To increase awareness.
Do you think you’ll be able to identify a confined space properly if you didn’t undergo training? You’ll probably go down tanks and vats with no care for your safety if you’re ignorant of the risks around you.
Suffice it to say that being aware of what confines spaces are and the dangers of working in them, will save your life and spare you from painful injuries.
To be better prepared and equipped.
A major part of confined space training in Perth is a discussion of the importance of atmosphere testing and how this can help workers prepare when entering such environments.
As previously mentioned, a confined space may lack oxygen or is at a normal atmospheric pressure that can affect your body. You’ll find it hard to breathe, or your body will expand.
No one wants that to happen, especially you. This is why it’s important to be aware of what you are up against and to wear the proper equipment.
To improve operation and to better protect employees.
There’s a reason why confined space training Perth offers is required by the government. Managers and companies need to identify risks associated with confined spaces so they:
- Can make better decisions with regard to the safety and health of their workers.
- Can set emergency procedures in the event that an accident occurs.
- Can develop a system of checks to monitor the workers, the working condition, and the situation in a confined space.
Train with ERGT
It’s easy to find confined space training Perth offers if you know where to look. With training centres in Perth, Melbourne, and Darwin, ERGT will provide you with the necessary training without the need to go far. They offer other courses too.
Check out their website for more information.